Concord CRM has built-in filters feature with ability to add multiple conditions and groups, filters can be applied to most of the dynamic tables as well on deals board, the built-in Concord CRM feature is a very useful feature to create predefined and default filters, as well share filters with other team members so they can use them in their sales flow.
The filters consist of rules, conditions and groups. Rules are the available fields that condition can be created from, e.q. activity name does not starts with "URGENT", in this example, the activity name is the rule and the condition is does not starts with "URGENT".
Groups can contain conditions and other groups. Each group has, by default, a match type of either "all" (AND) or "any" (OR).
Assuming you want to apply a filter for the "Activities" table, after the table load, where the table search bar is located, click the "Filters" button and then click New Filter.
A new section will be shown where you can add conditions to the actual filter you are creating, based on the feature you are viewing the rules will be different and you will be able to apply multiple conditions to create your filter.
For this example, let's assume we want to create a filter to show the activities that you are assigned and are due in the current week.
- From the rules list, select the rule Owner, select he "is equal to" condition then select Me which is equivalent to the current logged in user.
- From the rules list, select the rule Due Date, select and "is" condition then select This Week.
- Click Apply Filters to apply the filters and reload the table with the configured filter conditions.
Each filter group consist of Match Type for the applied conditions, there are 2 options, All and Any, when creating conditions, if you want all conditions to be matched in the filter group, you should select All, if you want to retrieve results where Any of the conditions are matched, select Any.
Consider the following example:
You can see from the screenshot that Match Type is set to Any, this filter will give us all records which have country United States or their Phone begins with +1.
If we set Match Type to All, the result will return only records that have country United States and their phone begins with +1, for example, if there is a record with country United States and the phone begins with +235, this record won't be matched and will be excluded from the results.
In Concord CRM you can save your filters to re-use them when you need to query data and also make the saved filters as default, this option gives you a very unique and personalized experience with Concord CRM to adjust the data you want to be queried based on your requirements.
- After you've added all the conditions, at the bottom toggle the Save Filter option.
- Enter Filter Name e.q. USA Contacts.
- Choose whether you want to share this filter with other team members, so they can use your filter for them too.
- If you want to make this filter as default for the view, check the "This is a default filter?" checkbox option.
- Click Save and Apply.
After a filter is created, it can be applied manually, by selecting the filter from the saved filters list.
After you save a filter, you can adjust this filter and add additional rules or remove any existing rules, if the filter is shared with other team members, the changes will be reflected on their account as well.
- To update a filter, you must first activate the filter, from the saved filters list, choose the filter you want to update and click on the filter name.
- Click the button with edit icon located next to the filters list.
- Adjust any rules or conditions.
- Click Apply Filters.
Make Filter Default
Assuming that you are creating a filter for the activities table, after you mark the filter as default, every time you will access the activities table, this filter will be automatically applied and the data shown on the table will be filtered based on the rules you created for the filter.
- Add the filter conditions.
- At the bottom toggle the Save Filter option.
- Check the "This is a default filter?" checkbox option.
- Click Save and Apply.
To make an existing filter as default, you will need first to select the filter from the available saved filters list, click edit and then check the "This is a default filter?" checkbox option and click Save and Apply.
You can mark shared filters from other members as default too for your views.
The filter groups feature is a feature to match multiple conditions in your filter, for example, you want to filter all contacts that are assigned to you AND the contact country is "United States" OR contact phone number begins with +1.
To retrieve those contacts we will apply the following conditions:
- In default group, create new group and set Match Type to All.
- In new group, add condition Owner and select Me.
- In the new group add sub group and set Match Type to Any.
- Add condition Country and select United States.
- Add condition Phone that begins with +1.
- Click Apply Filters.
Concord CRM installation comes with default filters for few of the resources, these filters are predefined and can be applied out of the box, however, because these filters may be modified and enhanced in future there is no ability to modify, delete or add conditions to the filters, you can only mark them as default or apply them e.q. on table view.
However, the predefined default filters rules already exists in Concord CRM, if you need to extend these filters, you can create new filter instead with the same rules and conditions and optionally add/remove any other rules you are in need for the filter.